Thursday, March 25, 2010

More reading options

Since I've been reading so much, I figure I might as well offer up a couple of other good resources I've stumbled upon.

I read fiction almost exclusively, but these are from a list of books to help your writing. They're both very good, and they have been helpful in the past. That's why I read them again. I may have mentioned them before, but I repeat myself at times. Especially when I have good things to say.

The first is ZEN AND THE ART OF WRITING by Ray Bradbury. This one offers tons of help on getting the most out of your writing, which is something I've really needed help with lately (in case you've missed my previous post). I had forgotten how good this thing is.

The other is WRITING TO SELL by Scott Meredith. This one goes over everything, plotting, character creation and all that good stuff. It's a very good resource and a good starting point for writers that don't know how to go about tackling their projects.

Every time I read these, I pluck something out that I can use. They're short, but they're like text books. You can keep learning and learning as long as you're willing to keep wringing them out.

Of course, I can't have a post like this without mentioning ON WRITING by Stephen King. If you haven't read it, stop reading this post right now and go to a bookstore or amazon.com and purchase it this instant.

If you're reading this sentence, you have 1) Read ON WRITING; 2) don't take orders from the likes of me; or 3) are just plain sneaky.

No matter which option describes you, I still like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment