Friday, October 16, 2009

Back on the horse

I'm just about finished with the quick edit of the first draft, and then the book is going into the drawer.

Does that mean this blog is finished? That I just wait for six weeks before talking about things again? Oh, heavens no. Obviously, this blog is here through the whole process: Writing, editing, hair-pulling, the whole works.

Just because my first novel is finished doesn't mean that I've stopped writing. I took a couple of days off, but that was it. In the meantime, I've worked on a few different things. Short stories and the like, but now I'm back.

I'm still editing, but the writing is back. A few people have asked me "What do you work on now that you've finished your novel?" The answer is that I'm gearing up and starting the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment