Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I may actually know what I'm doing...

Just a few days away from starting up the next first draft - this time as part of National Novel Writing Month - and the second time around has a little more organization surrounding it.

The last time I started a novel, I was just kind of flying without a parachute. Or a map. Or any lights on the runway. I pretty much had just a sort-of plan in my head and started writing. Now that I think of it, that's a pretty good way to head into NaNoWriMo - just sit down and write.

I plan on sitting down and writing for pretty much all of November, but this time I have a little more than just some gas in that plane's tank. I've taken some notes, gotten my idea a bit more organized, and have a better sense of direction going in.

I am not under the illusion that my first novel is going to magically get published. But it showed me some good things and some bad things about my writing process - like what works and what doesn't. Surely, I will learn a few more things through the next process and each ensuing process after that.

Maybe someday, I'll actually get this whole thing figured out. Either way, it's been a pretty fun trip so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment