Saturday, October 3, 2009

Take that!

Is there anything more liberating than writing a scene in which one of your characters tells everyone to go fly a kite?

That's what I got to rattle through today, and the result was a whopping 2,030 words in an hour and 15 minutes. I had been waiting to write that scene, and had it all locked up in the ol' noggin just waiting to bust out. Once it got out there, it felt great.

I'm coming down the home stretch (I know, I've been saying that for awhile), but I really feel that I'm only a few more writing days away from wrapping up this first draft. I'm starting to tie up things here. For as much frustration as I had trying to decipher an ending, getting there is a very liberating feeling.

This has done a lot for my motivation, and I really can sense that I will have this first draft done in the next week (or early next week at the earliest).

Not only are my characters starting to free themselves from the things that were holding them back for 55,000 words, but I feel like I'm starting to free myself from the frustration of writing the last 10,000 to 20,000 words.

And man, it feels pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment