Friday, August 21, 2009

Does this make sense?

One of the things I'm most terrified of right now is that my stuff isn't going to fit together the way I want it to.

When I first started writing this book, I just hammered out ideas when they came to me and figured I'd worry about where they fit later. I'm not quite to the point where I'm going to have to sit down at the kitchen table and slap together a jigsaw puzzle, but I can see that closing in.

Where is the perfect spot for these once fantastic ideas? How do I make sure that this reads like one stream instead of a bunch of ponds all connected together?

The most important thing to me is the story, so making sure that's connected is priority numero uno right now. The stuff I've written that is just floating around is going to get more important now that I'm getting deeper into this, because I have to make sure I slap it in the right spot.

I guess no one said this was going to be easy. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment