Monday, August 24, 2009

Not batting 1.000

I had been on a hot streak lately, but yesterday was a drag. It was a struggle just plowing through my 1,000 words, and when I read through some of the stuff today, I didn't like maybe 998 of them.

That's fine with me because I still learned something. I'm still wandering through the woods in this process, and now I need to find an alternate route out of the forest. That's all.

I was going to write this morning, but canned the session and decided to do edited instead. I've also come up with some new ideas, and I'll try to tackle some of those as I move along tonight. I plan on getting my writing done tonight, and I'm hoping for a long session that generates at least 1,500 words.

Every day isn't going to be a real whammer where you hammer out a whole chapter in 15 minutes. But I know it's still there, and I still have confidence that my idea is strong.

I just need a little extra time in the batting cage today, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment