Saturday, August 22, 2009

Make that a tripleheader

When you're on a roll, you're on a roll.

Last night's late night rockathon led to this morning's solid session. I felt so darn good after work that I skipped my nap (pause so those who know me can gasp) to get some more work done. The result? Another cool grand on the total and I wrapped up a chapter.

Lesson learned from the last two days: Don't stop just because you hit your quota of words. If there is more gas left in the tank to get to the next filling station, might as well push it.

Once again, this goes back to confidence. I'm finding out where my limits are, and where I work the best. To me, that's just as important as any killer sentence I typed today (and I did have a couple, thank ya, thank ya).

Am I always going to be able to rank out 2,200 words per day like I did today? Nope. Not right now anyway, and I don't care. That's why I'm enjoying these days whenever I get the chance to pull one off.

No comments:

Post a Comment