Saturday, August 22, 2009

Doubleheaders

In the interest of getting into my aforementioned routine, I got up this morning and tried to crank out my 1,000 words while I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Writing, then sleeping, then waking up and immediately writing some more can be a daunting task because one of two things will happen. Either you were on a roll and that roll continues from the night before, or you weren't on a roll, and your hitting slump trudges on through another day.

I was really happy with what I was able to come up with last night, so getting back at the keyboard was easy this morning. Funny how that works, huh?

When the good ideas are rolling, don't stop sitting at the keyboard until you've squeezed every last drop out of the damn thing. That's what's been working for me.

Besides, when you've squeezed that good idea sponge dry, that just leaves more room for more good stuff to get in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment