Sunday, August 23, 2009

Laryngitis

I was emailing back and forth with a buddy of mine this weekend, and heard something (well, there were a few interesting things, as usual) that kind of surprised me.

One of the smartest people I know, and they said they had a tough time writing lately because they felt like they didn't have anything to saw.

Bollocks. We all have something to say.

We all have something to say. That just goes to show that everybody goes through the feeling of writer's block, and everybody has a bit of insecurity about their writing.

I get discouraged sometimes, too. If there is one bit of advice that I've learned to get through those times, here it is: This is YOUR novel. You're writing if for yourself first. Don't think of it as telling anybody a story just yet. You're telling you first, everybody else is just lucky to read it when you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment