Monday, September 21, 2009

Happily ever after

As I'm closing in on the, well, closing of the book, a bunch of questions are rattling around in my head.

The main one is "How in the heck am I going to finish this thing?" Of course, I have a few ideas, but I don't know what the right one is just yet. How a book wraps up is such a huge thing, but when is it done? Will I know what the right ending is when it shows up? What if I come up with 30 different ways to end my book, and I hate them all. Or worse, what happens if I come up with 30 different ways to end my book, and I like them all.

I've always told myself that it will be finished when it is finished, but there are times I get so worried about it that I think I'm just going to wind up writing and writing and writing and writing. And then it won't get finished.

That's silly, of course, since I know I'm going to finish it. But as of right now, I just don't know how.

There is still some writing to do before I really have to face this dilemma, but I would be kidding if I said I wasn't thinking about this a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment